plat map


Block 179:

Palm House

This house at 712 West 14th was built in the 1890s or late 1880s.  From 1905 till about 1935 it was home to the family of John G. Palm, Cashier for State National Bank.  The president of the bank at that time was Eugene Bremond, and the assistant cashier was Eugene's son, Walter Bremond, both of whom lived on the Bremond Block.


Source:  Austin City Directories, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library; see also Sue Brandt McBee, Austin: The Past Still Present, Heritage Society of Austin, 1975, pp.112 (Eugene Bremond - A.H. Robinson House), 116 (Walter Bremond House).


712 W.14th
nav map