plat map


Block 104:

Nichols House

This house at 800 Rio Grande was built in 1922 for Dr. J. R. Nichols, a physician whose office was in the Scarborough Building on Congress.  He died around 1953, but his widow Anna Nichols remained there for many years after that.

In 1975 it became the corporate headquarters for the Night Hawk Restaurant.  It has housed other offices since then.


Source:  Chronology in the clipping file for 800 Rio Grande, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library.



Nichols House
nav map